Yacht club liability coverage must be wide-ranging to cover an array of risks to a variety of properties and people, including club members, guests and members of other clubs as well. From the many events you host, the value of the property involved and the potential for physical harm in everything you do, your insurance needs are large and diverse.
It’s critical that you have the right protection and enough of it. Coverage can protect you in a multitude of circumstances, including instances like these:
- Your club building is spray-painted with graffiti.
- A guest of a club member slips and falls on deck, injuring his back.
- A fire gets out of control and damages several boats moored at the marina.
- A visitor gets sick at a fund-raiser dinner; she claims the chicken wasn’t cooked properly.
- Two boats crash during a regatta or fishing tournament that you organize.
- A storm causes a boat break its mooring. The owner claims the mooring is defective.
Reviewing your yacht club liability coverage is something you should do annually with a provider that has experience in marine insurance. The right provider offers industry insights and can help you make informed decisions about whether you need additional coverage for docks, hurricanes, club members, activities and events. The right provider will be able to customize a package to fit your many needs.